Why Oral Health Education?
RESIDENTS OF LONG-TERM CARE FACILITIES DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO DENTAL SERVICES
• Inability to travel to offices off-site.
• Lack of dentists and/or dental hygienists in nursing homes and other facilities.
• Limited ability to pay for traditional dental and/or dental hygiene services.
RESULTING IN AN EPIDEMIC
• Elderly nursing home residents have extensive oral disease, and poor oral hygiene.
• Older adults suffer the worst oral health of any population.
• Poor oral hygiene is compounding medical issues of diabetes, COPD, and pneumonia.
If the current trend continues, by the year 2031 there will be approximately 3.6 million residents residing in nursing homes.
Sonya offers workshops that present a holistic approach to teach new and innovative oral care techniques.
Our staff training programs will equip your team with the skills and confidence to provide proper oral care for your residents.
Sonya delivers passionate, educational, and energized presentations that will inspire you to join the S.O.S. Movement.
Complete the form below to book Sonya to speak at your next event to spread awareness on the importance of proper oral care for seniors. Or hire her to train your caregivers and staff on the proper oral care practices for seniors in long-term care facilities.
Claim Your Free Oral Care Checklist
Join our community of concerned caregivers to learn how you can improve the overall health of the seniors you care for with this helpful checklist.